Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Unexpected Gifts

Look at their faces!


"Then there’s the unexpected luggage video by Spanair, above. On December 24, passengers flying from Barcelona to Las Palmas found beautifully wrapped gifts, with their names on them, coming through the luggage conveyor belt. It might have been just a marketing tactic, but it did make a lot of people smile."

Now, I know that receiving a letter isn't at the same level as finding a beautifully wrapped gift with your name on it on the airport conveyor belt, but my dream is that many people will be receiving an unexpected gift in the mail during our March Letter-Writing Month.

I believe that there will be smiles of pleasure when our friends open their mailbox and--surprise!--discover a letter with their name handwritten on the envelope. A gift of words...

And today is the last day of February!

Tomorrow is the day we've been working toward and preparing for.

I plan to spend my afternoon wrapping up some details--adding a few names to my list and getting the addresses, finishing some handmade stationery I started, and savoring the anticipation of what we are going to accomplish in the next 31 days!

I will be back later today with some pictures of my stationery (you'll be surprised by at least one of them) and to announce my personal letter-writing goals for March. I hope you will set your own personal goals; you might even be willing to share them along with me on this blog!

So, here we are, ready to hit the road road running.

With just pen, paper, & a stamp.


If you would like to join me in making March Letter-Writing Month, just subscribe by email and you won't miss a pen stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment