Thursday, February 2, 2012

It's February!


You can find some great ideas here to get you started on our February prep month:


I  just turned the page on my calendar from January 2012 to February 2012! I've been waiting for this day, and it's finally here!

February is our prep month. Prep, as we all know, is a one-syllable word used in place of a four- syllable word in order to save us the time and effort involved in saying prep-a-ra-tion. I actually appreciate the shortened version because it offers less risk of making typos; in addition, it will come in handy during February because we're going to be using this word a lot.

[By the way, I can be thankful we aren't using the word preparatorily. There would be a whole slew of opportunities for typos in that word!]

We often hear the word prep: college prep, class prep, meal prep, prep school, prep for surgery. In each case, the prep stands for planning and preparing for an event.

Our big event is March Letter-Writing Month!

In the February issue of All You magazine, an article called "Get more done in less time", reads: A study of office workers determined that when employees were distracted from a task, it took an average of 25 minutes for them to return to it, if they managed to do so at all.

And here I am, Mrs. Don't-Distract-Me-Or-It-Will-Take-Me-25-Minutes-To-Return-To-It-If-I-Manage-to-Do-So-At-All. That's why I need a prep month.

To get organized.

So I won't get distracted.

So in March I can actually just grab a pen, some paper and a stamp.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment