Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February Prep Month Continues



It's time to plan your stationery!

I love paper and scissors and glue and stickers, so one cold January evening I got out my boxes and bins of crisp scrapbooking paper along with a mountain of tools and accessories. I spent an entire evening trying to create something similar to the lovely Vintage Thank You Notes pictured above. The entire evening resulted in one slightly pathetic bless-my-heart-at-least-I-tried thank-you card.

One.

After an entire evening.

I decided then and there that, as much as I love paper and scissors, I'd rather spend my time writing notes than creating them. So--I got on Etsy (I enjoy supporting small businesses) and. boy, did I have fun spending some Christmas money!

In addition to the vintage cards above, here are some of the cards I ordered--with their links to Etsy:




 



If you plan to order any stationery for Letter-Writing Month, be sure to order in time to receive them by March 1.

So you'll be ready to go with just pen, paper, and a stamp.

4 comments:

  1. So wait...does that mean that I was the recipient of your ONE card that took all evening to make? Thank you! It's lovely...and I have it hanging on my bulletin board by my desk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Kaley, that one card that took an entire evening to create never made it into circulation. You were the recipient of one of the lovely vintage thank you notes from Etsy.

      Delete
  2. I was given some really neat post cards for Christmas that were made by Natalie's very talented friend who sells on Etsy so I will be using those during Letter-Writing Month. Ask Natalie to show you some of Riki's work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Sharon, I want to check them out! I will do some research on Etsy--afterall, February is the month for me to get my stationery all lined up.

      Delete