Thursday, February 23, 2012

Finding Time to Write Letters


An address-tag
I love this simple creative touch:
. I can do this!
And I can do it fast!



This easy Map Tutorial teaches how to make a map card & envelope.
Fun!


I have to confess that as I have been creating my goals for letter-writing month, I've become a bit concerned about whether I will actually be able to find the time to write all the letters I dream of writing. I have been getting organized. I have purchased stationery and stamps. I have had fun creating some hand-crafted cards. But will I be able to find the time on a daily basis to actually write the letters?

I found this article (click here to read it) and thought most of the points were practical and could help me find time to send notes to people I love: 15 Ways to Find an Hour a Day of Extra Time by Jeff Cobb

 
To find an extra hour a day, Cobb suggests trying--for a 30-day period--to steal pockets of time from other areas of our life.

A thirty day period! Why that's just one day short of the month of March!

An extra hour a day! Think what we could accomplish in our letter-writing adventure with an extra hour a day!

Some of the ideas he offers for reclaiming minutes and hours a day:
  • Drop the television.
  • Cut back on non-essential Internet.
  • Get up earlier.
  • Cut back on email.
  • Cut back on shopping.
  • Go on a news diet.
  • Minimize housework/yardwork.
  • Cut out non-essential reading. .
  • *Minimize recreation.

So, there ya go.

An extra hour a day...along with...

...paper

...pen...

& a stamp.


Scroll to Top

No comments:

Post a Comment