Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's really that simple


You just need a pen, some paper, & a stamp--it's really that simple!

OK, I'm not being totally honest; it's not really that simple, but I did a good job making it sound easy, didn't I? I was trying to entice you to join me in a one-month challenge.

A challenge for just one month.

And you only need a pen, some paper, and some stamps.

Sort of.

Let me explain. Did you know that April is National Letter Writing Month? Yup! National Letter Writing Month. You can click on this link-- Red Letter Day--to get more info.

I have had a personal passion to set aside one month to dedicate myself to catching up on my letter writing. I'm talking about long-overdue letters and never-written thank you-notes.

Since my son is getting married in April and my daughter is expecting a baby soon after, I have decided to make March 2012 my very own Letter Writing Month. Wait! Cross that off! It would be much more fun if a few friends shared in this adventure, so I have started this blog for anyone else who has too many times thought, "I really should write ____________ a letter."

I am making February my prep month so that I will be raring to go once the calendar flips to March. I will use the cold New York winter days to get organized, so that I will be ready to grab my pen, paper & stamp on Thursday, March 1. (See, I said you would only need pen, paper, & a stamp.)

To help any friends who might want to join me, every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I will send quick posts with tips on:

--getting organized
--carving out a time and a place to write your letters
--making a list of people to write
--finding the right stationery (Ya gotta love Etsy!)
--links to other blogs on letter-writing
--motivational quotes
--and, for those who love scissors and glue, ideas and tutorials on making stationery and cards by hand.

In addition, I will share personal stories of the power of taking pen to paper and adding a stamp.

All in the month of February.

So you're raring to go in March.

With just pen, paper, & a stamp.

I'll be back with more details on how you can hop on the letter-writing bandwagon. If you want the posts to go directly to your inbox, just subscribe by email and you won't miss a penstroke.

1 comment: