Monday, March 5, 2012

As Easy as Can Be!


You can't imagine how much time I spent on this one-minute-fifty-two-second video. Honest.
I made it early in February--for prep month--so I could show you a quick and easy way to create beautiful stationery that doesn't need an envelope. 
Finally, here it is--an incredibly easy way to create eye-catching stationery
with 12x12" paper you may already have around the house. 


If you have been following this blog, you know that I love paper. I am partial to Creative Memories paper--in fact, I usually find it irresistible. [Sheepish grin.]
I simply grabbed some of my favorite double-sided 12x12" paper,
cut it in half, folded it into thirds and--voila!
As easy as can be.

You can make approximately one zillion of these just during the commercials of
Monk reruns.

Since the paper is double sided, when the envelope is opened, there is a surprise inside:
 a happy new design!
I use paper that has a more subdued pattern on the inside to make it easier to write the note. If the pattern on the outside is too dark to write on, I just add an address label.
Finally, seal it with a sticker or adhesive of your choice.


Late-breaking news!
I just checked the Creative Memories website,
and for the month of March there is a great sale on paper! 
The website reads: 1 month. 100s of papers.  30% off. 
Yay!
Feel free to contact my friendly consultant http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/sallyday
and she can help you choose appropriate paper for projects like this.

Now, just add a pen and stamp to this paper.

Literally.

If you would like to join me in making March Letter-Writing Month, just subscribe by email and you won't miss a pen stroke.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy,
    I have really loved the postings and pictures. Last month was fun. It has been a long time since I had spent any time in my craft space. I was able to finish up some cards I had started and make some new ones.

    Preparing during the month was an incredible experience as well. I found that by preparing physically, I was able to steal a few minutes here and there to work on cards and stationary. As of yet, I have to sit down and write a letter but that will come. My goal for this month is to write a letter to an Aunt and a dear friend in the Netherlands.

    Thank you for hosting this blog and group. It is fun and has brought back a lot of memories. Do you remember the CM scrapbooking class we held together and the trip to Maryland together? I cherish you dear friend.

    Love & hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barb, for the kind note and for sharing your letter-writing goals for March. I cherish so many memories of the time we have spent together over the years, including our time with CM. The big question is: do you remember when we were on the radio together?! What a hoot!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Nancy. I do remember that time. I feel so silly about it. I remember you wanting to practice answering the questions and I thought,"the Lord will take care of that". I fumbled through words and lost my train of thought, it really was a hoot. :) If in our time we have to do another radio show together, I will practice with you ahead of time! ;) It's funny the things we remember. I remember we had a lovely dinner with you and Doug as well. This year will be our 25th wedding anniversary. Can you believe it? Time does fly!

    ReplyDelete